Concept Design Services:
Concept Design is defined as “the solution to a problem that has not yet been solved or which so far has been solved unsatisfactory”.
Concept Design is the initial big picture or macro design. It shows us what problems the product will solve, how it will solve them, and what it will look like as it is solving them.
Not always are two designs and quotes the same and this can create so much confusion that the purchaser may end up purchasing on price alone.
IESL can ensure through its design and quote review service, provide the information to allow the purchaser to make a fair and reasonable decision.
Design Specification or Scope of Works:
An effectively written Scope of Works can make your plans accessible to outsiders, allowing others to see not only what you intend to do, but also that you do in fact have a clear plan for how you will move forward.
- Objectives: What are the objectives of the project? What are we trying to achieve?
- Detailed Design: Taking the concept design and improving it with detail.
- Deliverables: Are defined as the results that have to be accomplished as a result of work packages, or at the end of each phase, or the end of the project.
- Criteria/ Variables: Cost, schedule, resources, manpower and technology are the limiting factors in a project along every phase and hence each has a set target to achieve.
- Tasks/Work: Every step of the project has to be defined in terms of the work that has to be done. Work has to be done is hence decomposed into many clear, precise and doable packages known as work package and collectively forming the work breakdown structure.
- Inclusions: A project’s scope has to highlight all the essential work that has to be done.
- Exclusions: Anything that is not mentioned in the scope statement is outside the scope of the project and should not be done.
When all these factors are assembled together a scope of statement is produced. Hence we can define a Scope of Works as an official document.
Design and Quote Reviews:
You’ve decided to go it alone and now you have two or more designs and quotes, but you’re not sure which one to go with. IESL provides a design and quote review service so that you can make a well informed decision on your future investment. Highly recommended to be done in all situations.
Most Irrigation Supply Companies will have their own person project managing the irrigation installation. But in many cases having someone oversee from the purchaser’s prospective can leave you to continue with your normal business. Sometimes things do go wrong and having a Principles Representative will help to smooth out those issues and get you back on track. On larger projects it is invaluable as to know when parts of the project or deliverables are met and payments can be authorised.